Happy Monday and Cheers to another week under way! I thought I’d start my week by submitting this tag to the Drunken Stampers-Challenge #138-A Person; Party Planner. I’ve been wanting to create something with the “angry girl” image from the Kudzu Kafe plate by Artistic Outpost and after seeing Alison Bomber’s Ghost in the Machine tag she designed for AO’s monthly blog hop, the idea came to me! I gotta make her a Witch!!
Supplies I Used:
- #8 Manilla Tag, White Vellum, Water-Color Paper, Ivory & Black Card-Stock
- Stamps: Kudzu Kafe (Artistic Outpost), and Party Hats (Lost Coast Designs), (The alaphabet letters are from an unknown mfg)
- Distress Inks, Markers & Stain, Archival Ink, Staz-On Ink, White Embossing Powder, Ink-Blending Tool, Water Brush, Paint Brush, Multi-Medium, 3D Dots, Toothpick, Heat Tool, Craft Sheet,Dimensional Magic
- Cheese Cloth, Cotton, Seam Binding, Self-Adhesive Rhinestones, Dimensional Magic, Glitter
Angry Girl from the Kudzu Kafe stamp plate is perfect as my witchy brew-mistress for this party tag! I just laugh when I look at her…but, I do find if I stare at her long enough, I’m scowling back at her! Don’t look directly at her….
My tag background is Barn Door, Dusty Concord & Black Soot DI’s blended directly onto my tag with the ink blending tool, spritzed with water and dried with my heat tool. The witch’s cauldron is a free image I found online and printed out on vellum. I used Opaque White Staz-On ink to stamp party & the xxx’s then doused with white embossing powder and melted with my heat tool. I fussy cut the cauldron out and inked the edges with Walnut Stain DI.
I stamped Angry Girl and all of the party hats onto water-color paper with Jet Black Archival Ink and painted with DM’s and my water-brush in; Barn Door, Peeled Paint, Dusty Concord, Tattered Rose & Black Soot. I rubbed each color onto my craft sheet and picked up with my water-brush. I gave each painted hat a layer of dimensional Magic and set aside to dry.
I stamped the words Party, with Jet Black Archival Ink, all over the background–but most of the words ended up getting covered once I put all the pieces in place. To assemble, I cut a slit in the tag to slip the cauldron into and secured in place with double-back tape. I used multi-medium to glue my cotton, as steam, onto my cauldron–I also used the multi-medium to glue my colored cheese cloth, as fire, strategically in place….I can feel the heat!
Once the dimensional magic on all of the party hats were dry, I fussy cut them out and placed the smaller hats randomly as if they were the magic being brewed out of the party cauldron! I fussy cut angry girl out and adhered her in place with 3D Dots-I also gave her a little wand that I made with a toothpick colored with Vintage Photo & Walnut Stain DI’s and topped with red glitter. Her party hat was also secured with 3D Dots and each hat received a self-adhesive rhinestone.
I stamped the sentiment “What’s Brewing” with my alphabet stamps using Jet Black Archival Ink onto ivory card stock which I then colored with Dusty Concord and Barn Door DI’s and my ink blending tool. I cut out the words and inked the edges with Walnut Stain DI and framed with black card stock. Those words were adhered with 3D Dots, too and to finish, I added a piece of seam binding that I colored with Barn Door DS and then inked with Dusty Concord DI.
There you go—My witchy party tag! I’d go to a party like that!! And with Halloween right around the corner, I may make a few more tags and present as a set of party invitations…Hmmmm…..
Have a SPLENDID Monday and Thank You for stopping by! XOXO-S