Hello, Hello, Hello!! Happy Friday!! I have to apologize for not getting a post out sooner–I’m working on a brand, spanking new laptop (Thanks, Mom & Dad!) and I’ve got myself a learning curve with the new Windows 8 OS–I’m used to working on my 9 year old laptop & 12 year old PC that I know like the backs of my hands….Wish me luck as I dive further into computer mayhem!!
But, I’m here and today I have a simple design made fabulous with the Tattered Florals die from Tim Holtz Alterations/Sizzix. I hope you enjoy my offering for today. Let’s get to it :)
This is another card that practically made itself–I had all of the die cut pieces already in my
hoard stash of goodies (I love that when that happens!)–I just had to figure out how I wanted to put all of it together.
My card base is natural cardstock layered with a piece of decorative paper from Stampin’ Up. Before machine sewing the striped paper, I distressed the edges and inked with Vintage Photo DI. I then added a piece of muslin, which is stamped with Jet Black Archival Ink and the By Definition background stamp by SU. The muslin was then machine stitched on top of the striped layer and adhered to the card base with double-backed tape. I then inked over all of it with Tea Dye DI and my ink blending tool. I finished it with a little spritz of water and heat dried.
Just look at that flower! Its layers are the striped decorative paper, tulle and the stamped muslin. I added a bit of gesso to the tulle petals and then inked them with Tea Dye DI. I used a brad to secure all of the layers together and glued a little gemstone on top of the brad to lend a little bit of pretty bling, then inked over all of the petals with Tea Dye DI.
The swirly stems are manila stock die cuts from the Home Décor Cricut cartridge. I inked them with Mowed Lawn DI then added a layer of DCP in Clear Rock Candy. Once that was dry and all crackly, I applied Peeled Paint DS right on top of the crackle to accentuate those itty bitty little cracks. The stems and flower were adhered with Claudine Hellmuth Studio (matte) Multi-Medium and left to dry for a spell. (A little side note–I just read that Claudine Hellmuth’s Studio Line is being discontinued with Ranger.)
The sentiment is from the Three Little Words set from SU, stamped onto manila stock with Jet Black Archival Ink and punched out with the Word Window punch from SU. I inked the edges with Vintage Photo DI and the surface with Tea Dye DI. I attached to the front of the card with mini 3D dots.
And there you have it–A card made out of spare die cut pieces that I seem to hoard on a regular basis. OK–If I use the word hoard to describe the stuff that I keep around, does that make me a hoarder? Hello, my name is Shari and I’m a craft hoarder ;)
Regardless, this was a super easy card to put together and I hope you are inspired to take a look around at the
hoard stash inventory of extra goodies that you might keep around and put together your own simple card. Thanks for joining me today and stay Artsy Fartsy!! XOXO-Shari
Supplies I Used:
Natural & Manila Stock, Decorative Paper (Stampin’ Up), Tulle, Muslin
- Dies: Tattered Florals (Tim Holtz Alterations/Sizzix), Home Décor Cartridge (Cricut)
- Big Shot Machine & Cricut Personal Trimmer; Sewing Machine
- Distress Inks, Distress Crackle Paint, Distress Stain (Tim Holtz/Ranger); Archival Ink (Ranger)
- Gesso, Matte Multi Medium, Double-Back Tape, Brad, Gemstone, Mini 3-D Dots