Hello & Happy Friday!! I’m here today with my make for the latest CC3 #25 Challenge–Frameworks. We’re on page 64 of Tim Holtz’s Compendium of Curiosities 3 and I’m getting in just under the wire–it closes tonight at 11:55pm MST. WHEW!!
Inspiration Emporium is sponsoring this challenge with a generous $50 gift certificate to their online store. And don’t forget, there’s the chance to be awarded the Compendium Crew’s Choice and win a prize packaged donated by Tim & Mario!!
I brought out all of my previously cut Honeycomb Frameworks, thinking I was going to be making a tag with a combination of both the negatives & positives…
…But I haven’t made any ATCs for about a month now, so I brought out a couple of homemade ATCs (made with manila stock & chipboard) for the challenge.
I started with spritzing the ATCs with Broken China & Peeled Paint DSSs and heat set.
I spread a layer of white embossing paste over the ATCs and set the acetate positives & negatives into the wet EP. I may have used a little too much EP on the ATC on the left, but I sure do love the texture!
Because the EP is a bit thicker on this ATC, I lightly spritzed the wet EP with Broken China & Peeled Paint DSSs and let air dry. As it air dries, the EP will soak up the stain.
Since the layer of EP was thinner on this ATC, the stain will wick better into the EP as it dries and I won’t have to do an extra spritzing. You can even see the deeper colors under the acetate framework that occurred when I pressed the die cut into the wet EP.
When the EP was dry, I applied a couple of rem-rubs and crackled a couple of the acetate honeycomb negatives. I did a little bit of stenciling using my Honeycomb LS with Vintage Photo DI and spritzed and flicked water over the surface and heat dried. I layered on my cone flower, stem & leaves and the Big Chat sticker. BTS, I altered a little strip of Industrious Borders with Walnut Stain & Broken China DPs for both ATCs. This one got a strip of it on top 🙂
I treated this ATC the same with rem-rubs, a Big Chat sticker and an altered piece of industrious border. I also treated the honeycomb framework with Clear Rock Candy DCP–you can see some of the crackle there that I enhanced with a rubbing of Walnut Stain DI with my finger. The dried EP did end up a bit darker on this ATC because of the rubbing of Walnut Stain, so I outlined the bloom with my Picket Fence DM to try to get the bloom to pop a little more.
I finished off each ATC with an edging of Walnut Stain DP that I applied with my finger–I wanted to make sure the rougher edges got a good covering of paint to accentuate the texture of the embossing paste! FUN!
Well, I’m off to get this entered over at Studio L3–The home of the CC3 challenges! Thanks for spending a little bit of your Friday with me! I’ll be back this weekend with my weekly project for Artistic Outpost, so until next time–
Stay Artsy Fartsy!!
SUPPLIES I USED:
- Manila/Chipboard ATCs (home made); Mixed-Media Paper (Strathmore)
- Stamps: Flower Garden (Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous); Honeycomb LS (Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous)
- Honeycomb Framework Die (Tim Holtz/Sizzix); Big Shot Machine (Sizzix)
- Distress Spray Stains, Paints, Crackle Paint, Inks & Markers (Tim Holtz/Ranger); White Embossing Paste (Wendy Vecchi); Archival Ink (Ranger)
- Remnant Rubs, Big Chat Stickers & Industrious Border Sticker (Tim Holtz/Idea-ology)
- Craft Sheet (Ranger); Scissors& Finger Knife (Fiskars); Heat Tool; Matte Multi-Medium (Ranger); Gloss Multi-Medium (Claudine Hellmuth/Ranger)