HAPPY HAPPY FRIDAY!! I’m here for Day 12 of our New Stamps Showcase at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. Today, I’m showcasing one of the new images released in December–Cracked Party Cat, to get us in that TGIF mood!!
Such a fun image–so playful with that little present in its paws-This kitty is a party animal!! Let me show you how I got this party started!! 🙂 🙂
I’ve made a few master boards in advance, so when I don’t feel like making a background panel right then and there, I can pull out one of my previously created master boards to use. For this MB, I’m using acrylics from PaperArtsy & DecoArt and I added some stenciling with white gesso for texture.
I cut out a piece of MB that’s about 4″ x 5.25″ to use for my background. I roughed up the edges with my paper distresser then ran through my sewing machine to add the stitched border. I also added a couple of paint lines with Black Soot DP using an old gift card.
I fussy cut and glued all of the kitty pieces together.
I water colored the rest of the image and adhered to the center of the panel with matte Decou-Page. I stamped the cat onto the background panel first, so I wouldn’t lose the detail of the whiskers, tail and feather.
I made the Happy Birthday word bands using our Misc Words stamp.
The stamp measures 6″ x 7″ and contains lots of words. I just mask off the words I need before inking it up, remove the masks then press my paper onto the stamp itself.
I added the word bands to the card and mounted the finished panel onto a piece of black card stock then attached to a pink card base. Talk about ready to PARTY!! Such a fun and festive card, if I don’t say so myself! 😉
Thanks so much for coming by today and having a looksee at what I did with just a couple of the New Images available at Lost Coast Designs. I’ll be back tomorrow, over at the Lost Coasters Review Blog, so I hope to see you again soon!
Until next time–Stay Artsy Fartsy!!
SUPPLIES I USED:
- Stamps: Cracked Party Cat & Misc Words (Lost Coast Designs)
- Paints: Bougainvillea & Caribbean Blue Chalk Acrylics (PaperArtsy); Yellow & Pink Crafters Acrylic (DecoArt); White Gesso (DecoArt Media); Distress Paint (Tim Holtz/Ranger)
- Archival Ink & Clear Embossing Powder (Ranger); Distress Markers (Tim Holtz/Ranger)
- Burlap Stencil (Tim Holtz/SA); Dots Stencil (Wendy Vecchi)
- Brayer (Ranger); Sewing Machine (Kenmore); Heat Tool; Finger Knife (Fiskars); Paper Distresser (Tim Holtz/Tonic Studios); Palette Knife; Paint Dabbers; Matte Decou-Page (DecoArt)