Hi There!! Happy Friday!! I’m here real quick like today with my entry into the latest Compendium of Curiosities Challenge #27-Embossing Diffusers. The challenge closes tonight and I didn’t want to miss yet another page in the CC3 challenge fun! CC3 #27 is being sponsored by Inspiration Emporium with a $50 gift certificate to their online store! AWESOME! And there’s also the chance to win an amazing prize package of Tim’s goodies, donated to the challenge by Tim & Mario! COOL!!
CC3 #27 is about Tim’s Embossing Diffusers, as found on page 61 of his book, and how to properly sandwich all of the moving pieces so that your panel is embossed where you want it, smooth where you don’t…Like this–
I applied a few different layers of Deco Art Antiquing Creams over the entire surface of the panel. I gently wiped away the creams in some places and rubbed a little harder in others.
I cut a small piece of collage paper stash to fit the rectangle and inked the surface with Broken China DI. I distressed the edges with my paper distresser and inked with Vintage Photo DI. I spritzed and flicked a bit of water over the surface, heat dried then stitched in place with my sewing machine.
Oh, even the back is cool looking!!
I love this little crackly crown!
The type charm holds a letter ‘D’ for my hubbie’s name-Don 🙂
Birthday wishes are also dreams and the quote that’s adorned on this Winged Thing gent is the perfect message I wanted my husband’s card to have.
I’m off to Studio L3 to get this entered into CC3 Challenge #27, with just a few hours to spare–WHEW!! That means that CC3 challenge #28 is right around the corner! I wonder what page of Tim’s creative volume we’re going to be challenged with tomorrow!! Something to look forward to 🙂
Thanks soooo much for stopping by today!! Have a GREAT Friday and a wonderful weekend!!
Until next time–Stay Artsy Fartsy!!
SUPPLIES I USED:
- Embossing Diffusers (Tim Holtz/Sizzix); Big Shot Machine (Sizzix); Collage Texture Fade (Tim Holtz/Sizzix)
- Stamps: Winged Things II & Simple Sayings (Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous)
- Archival Ink (Ranger); Distress Inks & Stain (Tim Holtz/Ranger)
- Kraft Core (Tim Holtz/Core’dinations); Kraft Stock (PTI); Black Stock (Core’dinations)
- Seam Binding (The Funkie Junkie Boutique); Type Charm (Tim Holtz/Idea-ology); Mica Flakes (RedLead Paperworks);
- Sewing Machine (Kenmore); Paper Distresser (Tim Holtz/Tonic Studios); Craft Sheet (Ranger); Heat Tool; Finger Knife (Fiskars); Matte Multi-Medium (Ranger); Foam Sqaures